Adoption Timeline

Monday, October 11, 2010

"Falling" into the Season



I looked at my last post where I was so excited about planting my mums. I do not know what I did wrong but all of my blossoms died. I don't get it, everyone else has pretty mums. I have made such progress with plants. I have 4 living in my house. Believe me, that is progress. So why can't my pretty mums be ok? I used plenty of water and placed them into good sunlight. Alas...my pretty blooms lasted merely a week. I see some more buds starting so heres hoping they make a miraculous recovery. :)

It has been such a strange, exciting, stressful, and busy couple of months. Life is so unpredictable. I learn everyday that I am not in control. Sometimes realizing that makes it easier. Sometimes that makes things hard to accept. I have been working so hard lately which has been stressful. My brother was robbed which was sad, scary, and stressful. My grandmother's house caught on fire which thankfully turned out ok. Family members have gotten sick and some have prayed for hope. I have prayed a lot this month for patience and understanding in all of these areas.

Yet this Fall has also come with a lot of really interesting and exciting changes:
Derek and I found a Sunday bible study class we really enjoy! We also started volunteering in the 2 year olds ministry at church. It feels good to be involved in a place where I feel so much love.

Marty is getting doggy training. After months of trying to calm the wild thing on our own we called in for some reinforcements. We are using Bark Busters here and it is really working! It is such a relief to see that our puppy can be really good and not just crazy and cute :) We are still a work in progress, however I have been amazed with the results we have achieved in such a short amount of time.

I have been reading a lot more in the evenings. I love reading and I am happy to make time for it regularly. I have been reading a couple of adoption books. One was titled "From Ashes to Africa" which was a really interesting story of a couple's adoption journey. Now I am reading "Adopted for Life" by Russell Moore. I love learning about adoption. It makes me so excited for the future.

I baked my first apple and pumpkin pie and both were a success! I also went to Huber's Orchard in Indiana. We went on a Saturday so it was a little too crowded for our taste but I enjoyed just being outside on such a nice day and enjoying a big caramel apple. Yum.

It has been a season of learning, loving, and accepting. With the good and the bad I am thankful for all that I have. When I was feeling overwhelmed the other day I came across this wonderful passage "33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 33:16. I am so loved even though I do not deserve it. Happy Fall :)